Tuesday 27 May 2008

Sock Wars Limbo




There has been a certain amount of faffing for Sock Wars this time round I think, and more than a fair share of flakers. I started mine the day the pattern came out and knitted through the weekend but realised that they were coming up far too large. A whole sock had been done and the cuff of the second but I decided to start them again rather than pass on something that I wouldn't want to receive myself. The new sock was knitted from Lana Grossa Bosco and it came up lovely. Knitted perfectly to tension and looked great.


So the socks were finished and posted 12 days after the pattern came out and I have emailed my target letting her know they are on their way but I have heard nothing from my would-be killer. I have received nothing from her and I am not even sure if she is still in the war. Anyway that's not too much of a worry, perhaps she's just a slow knitter (but I still think that over 2 weeks for a pair of socks is very slow). I now await the SIP from my target and hopefuly get to crack off another pair before death meets me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am experiencing the same problem a bit further down the warrior list. I must have ripped the first sock apart 3 times until I was happy with it. I've made my first kill and am mailing my second pair of socks today. I also found out that my assassin never got a dossier, so I was fortunate that she contacted me by email to get the particulars. The socks you made are beautiful...I'll need to try that yarn